Hi, I'm Bryony!
I am the person responsible for the Digital Champions Network. If you need help, you can see if we have the answer below, otherwise you can drop me an email or give me a call on the details below.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 03000 410 950
Volunteer Engagement Officer
About the Digital Champion Network
We have one of the largest networks of community-based Digital Champions in the country. Our Network supports and improves the digital skills of residents to build digital confidence, motivation and new digital skills. You can either join the Network (as a Digital Champion Member) or become a volunteer (as a Digital Champion Volunteer).
Can I be a Digital Champion?
Almost anyone can be a Digital Champion. You just need patience, understanding and good communication skills to support a variety of people.
- Digital Champions will need to be aged 18 or over.
- This role will require us to complete a DBS check. For this, we will need to check your documents face to face.
- In order to be provided volunteering opportunities, you will need to undertake an Enhanced DBS check. If you undertake a Basic DBS, we will still provide resources and training opportunities, but will not contact you with volunteering opportunities.
- If you have lived outside the UK for a period of more than 12 months within the last 10 years, you will need to provide a fully translated Certificate of Good Conduct along with completing your DBS Check. This will need to be funded by yourself.
Digital Champion Volunteer
As a Digital Champion Volunteer, you will be able to take on volunteering opportunities with us. From facilitating a Digital Hub to being matched with residents that need support.
You'll get access to everything a Digital Champion Member has and more. As part of the Network we offer CPD and networking opportunities to volunteers, as well as, access to resources and other training modules.
As a Digital Champion Volunteer, you will be subject to an Enhanced Disclosure Application to the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
Digital Champion Member
As a Digital Champion Member, you will be able to access resources and training opportunities. An ideal opportunity for those that are already doing their own work to improve digital skills, confidence and motivation.
You'll also be invited to our networking events, and share best practice and learn about other exciting developments across the county.
As a Digital Champion Member, you will be subject to an Basic Disclosure Application to the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
The journey to becoming an active Digital Champion.
Once you've completed the expression of interest form, you will receive an email which will outline the next steps of becoming an active Champion in our Network. If you don't receive this email, please check your spam or junk folders.
You will need to:
- read, sign and return the Digital Champion Network Agreement.
- complete your DBS application and meet with a member of the team to verify your documents. Guidance on which documents we need to verify can be found on the GOV.UK website.
- login to the Digital Champions Network platform (powered by Digital Unite) and complete:
- your profile
- the foundation and induction courses, including Digital Champions Essentials and Keeping you and your learners safe.
Now you're ready to start logging your activity and hours!
How to get the most of the Network as a Digital Champion.
Becoming a Digital Champion comes with a whole host of benefits! Not only will you support residents in your community, offering valuable support that is otherwise incredibly hard to find for those who cannot afford or access structured courses, but you will have access to a support system, training and development opportunities and meet new people.
- You can request a Digital Champion Welcome Pack, including a lanyard, identity card, as well as few extra goodies!
- You can add the signature banner to your e-mail or LinkedIn profile.
- You will receive regular opportunities bulletin and other communications from Digital Kent and Digital Unite.
- You will be invited to networking events across the county and training and development opportunities.