Digital Kent has developed a network of Digital Champions to support and improve the digital skills of members of our communities who have been left behind by the increasing digitisation of everyday life. Our Digital Champions are volunteers who have time to give back to their community and are willing to support individuals with their digital skills and confidence. A Digital Champion does not have to be a technical genius – some digital skills are necessary, but most importantly they are patient, understanding and with good communication skills to teach those with little knowledge about technology.
As a Digital Champion, you can support your colleagues, friends and family with access to CPD courses and how-to guides provided by us and our partners, and we can connect you with members of your community who are in need of digital skills support in a variety of ways, in person or virtually or over the phone. This is a voluntary position with a heap of rewards!
Please note before applying:
- We are only able to accept applicants over the age of 18
- This role will require us to complete a DBS check
- In order to be provided volunteering opportunities, you will need to undertake an Enhanced DBS check. If you undertake a Basic DBS, we will still provide resources and training opportunities, but will not contact you with volunteering opportunities
- If you have lived outside the UK for a period of more than 12 months within the last 10 years, you will need to provide a fully translated Certificate of Good Conduct along with completing your DBS Check. This will need to be funded by yourself.
Become a Digital Champion. Join our Network.
Check out our Frequently Asked Questions for more information on the role.
After you have completed the expression of interest form, you will receive an automated email (please check your junk/spam) which will outline the next steps to becoming an Active Champion in our Network. The immediate steps are:
- The Digital Champion Network Agreement, which you will be required to read, sign and return by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A member of the Digital Kent team will be in touch to complete the DBS process for you. This will include attending an ID verification meeting. Guidance on this can be found on GOV.UK.
- You will receive your login details by email to the Digital Champions Network platform (powered by Digital Unite).
You can then log in, complete your profile and complete the foundation/induction courses, which includes:
- Digital Champion Essentials.
- Keeping you and your learners safe.
Becoming a Digital Champion comes with a whole host of benefits! Not only will you help out people in your community who are digitally excluded, offering valuable support that is otherwise incredibly hard to find for those who cannot afford structured courses, but you will have access to many personal training opportunities and skills courses provided through our partners.
Once you have become an active Digital Champion:
- You can request the Digital Champion Welcome Pack by completing this form. This contains a lanyard and card to identify you as a Digital Champion, as well as a few extra goodies!
- You can add the signature banner to your e-mail or LinkedIn profile (attached to your Welcome email).
- Start receiving:
- regular opportunities bulletin from Digital Kent team with opportunities for you to get involved in.
- regular communication from Digital Unite and Digital Kent.
- Be invited:
- to networking events across the county.
- to training opportunities to develop your skills as a volunteer.